Saturday, July 26, 2008

ON THE ROAD AGAIN.......OR NOT!!!!

So our first morning back on the bike has been quiet hilarious shawny and i have been trying to get out of xela all morning but we just cant seem to do it. we started off with loosing each othere in the city. After a few hours of trying to find each other shawny wised up and found my phone number and gave me a call letting me know where he was, but as soon as I took off meet up with him my clutch cable broke(for the third time on the trip). Not being able to get back a hold of shawny to let him know that I wasnt on my way I grabed my taxi driver friend who I had been chatting with earlier while trying to find shawny ,and took off to find him. we finally found shawny, bought a new cable, and repaired the bike in the central park of town with a little help from the taxi drivers.(I retract the statement i made in an earlier post about not likeing taxi drivers, they totally redeemed themselves today). By the time we got the bike all fixed up it was noon, so we grabbed some food for lunch and hopped on our bikes. We hadnt gone more then ten feet when shawns clutch handle snapped in half. Nothing really changes on this trip with our bikes, I had forgotten that we would wake most mornings in mexico to some little ridiculous problem with one or all of our bikes. So here we are still in xela and will probably only make it a quarter of the way to the destination for the day, but such is life on our ragtag bikes, and I wouldnt trade it for the world!!!!!!

No comments: